January 20, 2012

Round the World

A friend of mine was recently laid-off, yet instead of allowing this to drag her down, she decided to take off and just "see what happens".

Admiration.

That's what I feel for what she's doing. I've always been called the "independent one" by a lot of my friends, but when I think about doing something like this on my own...it scares the living hell out of me. I'd probably still do it, but traveling alone through Europe, Asia, etc seems scary to do all alone. Maybe it's more that I'm afraid of being lonely. I like to have a travel buddy. That's one of the main benefits to having a bf/gf, in my opinion! But...I digress about relationships.

Anyway - I've been reading her blogs and I'm so envious of her experiences. Even the very small details of her trips seem so fascinating to me! It's sort of like "Eat, Love, Pray" but it's really happening to someone I know. After I was finished reading the book and watching the movie, I can't explain how inspired I was or how many times I imaged myself riding a bike through a little town and working for Ketut (lol).

I have to admit...I've been living a little vicariously through her blogs while at work this week :) .