Does it even exist?
The divorce rates in America are well over 50% of marriages. The more you get married, the more your chances of divorce become higher.
This sucks.
My family has always joked that I would be the last to get married out of all my cousins – and so far, they’ve been right, despite being the oldest. Have I really been so cynical about marriage for them to think that it’ll just NEVER happen with me? Maybe.
I want to believe that I am capable of loving just one person unconditionally for the rest of my life, but can I? And even if I could, would he be able to love me the same way? Mathematically, the odds of both people loving one another the same way are really not good. It’s sort of depressing and has led me to think that maybe it’s better to just never try. But then again there is that saying “it’s better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all”. Do I believe this saying? Hmm - I just don’t know.
I know plenty of young married couples that are just not satisfied with the decision they made to get married. This is evident by the amount of affairs I hear about. Maybe it’s human nature to want to be with many different partners? If this is true, then the idea of marriage is just stupid. But even if you believe this "human nature" idea, could you ever really become comfortable with someone you love being with other people? I know I couldn’t. Whether it’s reasonable or not, I want to be loved unconditionally. Call me a silly romantic (people who know me might laugh at this) but I think it’s a nice thought.
