
We used to say that we made the best teammates...
So this past weekend we rented bikes and rode the entire bottom periphery of Manhattan, starting in the West 60's and ending in East 60's. I'm not sure exactly how many miles this was, but I'm sure it's actually not that far considering the full length of Manhattan is only 13 miles long (seems so much larger than that). We stopped at South Street Seaport, had lunch and beers at Heartland Brewery (Apricot seasonal Ale...Mmm) and then just walked on the pier for a little while.
My advice to anyone wanting to do this is to simply stick to the west side only because the east side is terrible for bike lanes. I'm not exactly thrilled about the law that requires bikers to ride alongside NYC cab drivers (and not on sidewalks where it's actually safe), so I had a bit of anxiety coming back up the east side to come home. Avoid it if you can because the west side is just so beautiful.
And, I guess, we'll see if this helps the situation...
So this past weekend we rented bikes and rode the entire bottom periphery of Manhattan, starting in the West 60's and ending in East 60's. I'm not sure exactly how many miles this was, but I'm sure it's actually not that far considering the full length of Manhattan is only 13 miles long (seems so much larger than that). We stopped at South Street Seaport, had lunch and beers at Heartland Brewery (Apricot seasonal Ale...Mmm) and then just walked on the pier for a little while.
My advice to anyone wanting to do this is to simply stick to the west side only because the east side is terrible for bike lanes. I'm not exactly thrilled about the law that requires bikers to ride alongside NYC cab drivers (and not on sidewalks where it's actually safe), so I had a bit of anxiety coming back up the east side to come home. Avoid it if you can because the west side is just so beautiful.
And, I guess, we'll see if this helps the situation...
