March 3, 2010

"Cougar Bombs"




My friend Kelly: so funny, so beautiful, so outgoing, so smart, and so much fun to be around. I think her best quality though is how completely honest she is with her truest friends. Good or bad, Kelly is honest with me. I like this in people and I love this in her.

Tonight we were discussing how people “let themselves go”, especially at such a young age. I have to be careful what I say here, but it’s disappointing to see people who were once so athletic, just stop doing anything physical and reach the point where you barely recognize them. I know it’s not an easy thing to always keep up with exercise and eating right (hell, I just had pizza bites for dinner…hmm, very healthy) but you still have to be true to yourself and just do it.

This is especially a tough thing after you have a baby, which is why Kelly and I made a deal to ourselves. We vowed to tell one another when we’ve reached the point of letting ourselves go. Our deal includes a freebee year after our first baby and 6 months after our second. This is, of course, if we even have babies. I’m assuming that you’re body is in complete shock after your first baby and hopefully by the second one you’re able to bounce back a little easier. Who knows, maybe I’m completely wrong. But that’s our deal and I think it’s really good to have a friend that you know will tell you the moment your jeans look like they’re pulling just a little toooo much.

So you’re probably wondering why I titled this “cougar bombs”, right? Ha well…our deal also includes a 3rd component…mommy makeovers together. I often think about getting a breast augmentation now, but Kelly’s right, it’s probably best to wait until the damage is done. And in Kelly’s words “then I want some cougar bombs” and yah, you better believe Kelly will be a cougar one day. She’s a hottie and will probably be caught with the poolboy one day haha. Oh Miss Kelly Ann, you complete me.