I had very low expectations before having my girls night out watching "Sex and the City 2" in theaters. The reviews were absolutely TERRIBLE, yet I still had a small glimmer of hope. I can say that it met my low expectation bar. I wouldn't say it completely fell flat, but it was so unrealistic to the point where you couldn't even dream that some of the scenes could one day happen to you (like you could during the series). I mean, come on, three Dior/Chanel wardrobe changes in the middle of the Abu Dhabi desert while camel riding? Even if I could afford it, I just would never wear Chanel on the back of a camel!
I will say that there were a lot of funny parts and that Samantha completely made the movie (again). The experience is always fun when you round up a crew of girls to go, get dressed up and then head out for drinks in Manhattan afterwards. We, of course, had the conversation of who we each were in life..."you're such a Carrie", "you're definitely Samantha" and inevitably someone got upset that they were dubbed "the Miranda". A small part of each of us definitely felt like we were living the same experiences that the SATC girls lived here in Manhattan.
When it's all said and done, it's more of an experience to have with girlfriends than it is to see a spectacular show. I wouldn't expect much out of a 3rd movie, but you could count on me being there with 5 or 6 friends and my stilletos on.
